Dr. Alan Gordon is a board certified ophthalmologist specializing in vitreoretinal surgery and macular disease. He serves as the president of Associated Retina Consultants and has been with the practice since 1992 as a retina specialist and surgeon. Dr. Gordon is the past chairman of our national accredited fellowship program which trains and places retina specialists throughout the country.
He serves as the associate director for retina services at the Maricopa County Medical Center and as a clinical assistant professor of ophthalmology in the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Arizona College of Medicine.
Because of his expertise, Dr. Gordon is the leading primary investigator for numerous national clinical drug studies involving state of the art research in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vein occlusion and uveitis. He has published results in major ophthalmology journals.
Dr. Gordon is a member of several professional organizations including the American Society of Retina Specialists and the Association of Research in Vision and Ophthalmology. He has been the recipient of numerous prestigious honors and awards including Phoenix Magazine’s Top Doctors and has been listed as one of America’s Top Ophthalmologists by the prestigious Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. since 2015.
Dr. Gordon has three children and has an interest in all sports including golfing, tennis and skiing. He enjoys photography, food, wine and spending time with his children. Dr. Gordon is dedicated to providing personalized and compassionate care to all of his patients.
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Complex Retinal Detachments
- Macular Hole, Macular Pucker Surgery
- Research and Clinical Trials
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Arizona Ophthalmological Society
- Phoenix Ophthalmology Society
- University Of Michigan Alumni Association
- The John’s Hopkins University School of Medicine Alumni Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Baylor College of Medicine Alumni Association
- Arizona “Top Doctor, Ophthalmology” Phoenix Magazine
- “America’s Top Ophthalmologists,” Castle Connolly Medical – 2015
- University of Michigan, Dean’s Scholar List. William J. Branstrom Freshman Prize for Academic Achievement (Top 3% of Class)
- Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Alpha Omega Alpha (Highest Honors – Top 10% of Class)
- Mortar Board Honorary Society Finalist
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Psi Chi National Honor Society in Psychology
- The Everett L. Goar Research Award in Ophthalmology, Baylor Ophthalmology Alumni Association (Annual award for “the best research paper presented by a resident”)