The Clinical Research Program
The Clinical Research Program was established in 2005 to provide our doctors with the opportunity to participate in the development of new treatments that could potentially impact the eye health of people around the world. We wanted to offer patients cutting-edge alternatives available only through participation in clinical trials.
Our medical/surgical retina physicians have extensive clinical research experience and frequently have their research articles published in medical & scientific journals. They have participated in numerous clinical trials including age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, retinal vein occlusions, surgical procedures and devices, uveitis, and more. A full-time research director administers the clinical studies and all research is reviewed by Institutional Review Boards as required by the FDA.
For more information about enrolling in one of our current clinical research studies, please contact our main office at 602-242-4928.
We also invite you to speak with one of our retina specialists during an appointment to see if you might qualify for one of our clinical studies.
Currently Enrolling Clinical Trials
Opthea Ltd. OPT-302-1002| A Dose-Ranging Study of Intravitreal OPT-302 in Combination With Ranibizumab, Compared With Ranibizumab Alone, in Participants With Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration (Wet AMD).
Active / Not Enrolling Study
Clearside Biomedical Inc CLS1003-301 | A randomized, masked, controlled trial to study the safety and efficacy of suprachorodial CLS-TA in conjunction with intravitreal aflibercept in subjects with retinal vein occlusion
Novartis Pharmaceuticals CRTH258A2301E1 | A 24-week, Double-masked, Multicenter, Two-arm Extension Study to Collect Safety and Efficacy Data on Brolucizumab 6 mg Drug Product Intended for Commercialization in Patients With Neovascular Age-related Macular Degeneration Who Have Completed the CRTH258A2301 Study
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals VGFTe-OD-1411 | A Phase 3, Double-Masked, Randomized Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Intravitreal Aflibercept Injection in Patients With Moderately Severe to Severe Nonproliferative Diabetic Retinopathy
Allergan 150998-005 | Safety and Efficacy of Abicipar Pegol (AGN150998) in Patients With Neovascular Agerelated Macular Degeneration
Genentech, Inc. GX28228 | A Phase II, Multicenter, Randomized, Active Treatment-Controlled Study of the Efficacy and Safety of the Ranibizumab Port Delivery System for Sustained Delivery of Ranibizumab in Patients With Subfoveal Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Hoffmann-La Roche GX30191 | A Multicenter, Open-Label Extension Study to Evaluate the Long-Term Safety and Tolerability of Lampalizumab in Patients With Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Age-Related Macular Degeneration Who Have Completed a Roche-Sponsored Study
- OHR Pharmaceutical OHR-1601 | A Phase III Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Squalamine Lactate Ophthalmic Solution, 0.2% Twice Daily in Subjects with Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Hoffmann-La Roche BP30099 | A Multiple-center, Multiple-dose, Randomized, Active Comparator−Controlled, Double-masked, Parallel Group, 36-week Study to Investigate the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Efficacy of RO6867461 Administered Intravitreally in Patients With Diabetic Macular Edema
- Hoffmann-La Roche GX29185 | A Phase III, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Masked, Sham-Controlled Study to Assess the Efficacy and Safety of Lampalizumab Administered Intravitreally to Patients With Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Alcon Research RTH258-C001 | A Two-Year, Randomized, Double-Masked, Multicenter, Three-Arm Study Comparing the Efficacy and Safety of RTH258 versus Aflibercept in Subjects with Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Allergan 190342-038 | A Safety and Efficacy Study of Brimonidine Intravitreal Implant in Geographic Atrophy Secondary to Age-related Macular Degeneration (BEACON)
- Alcon Research CLG561-2201| A randomized, multi-center, single masked, sham controlled, proof-of-concept study of intravitreal CLG561 as a monotherapy and in combination with LFG316 in subjects with geographic atrophy
- Alcon Research C-01-99 | Phase 3 Study to Evaluate Anecortave Acetate vs. Visudyne for the Treatment of the Wet Form of AMD
- Genetech, Inc. FVF2598g | A Study to Evaluate rhuFab V2 in Subjects With Minimally Classic or Occult Subfoveal Neovascular Macular Degeneration
- Genetech, Inc. FVF2428g | Intravitreal Injections of rhuFab V2 in Combination With Visudyne in Subjects With Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Alcon Research C-02-60 | Anecortave Acetate Risk-Reduction Trial (AART) Alcon Research Dry AMD
- Genentech FVF3192g | A Study of rhuFab V2 (Ranibizumab) in Subjects With Subfoveal Choroidal Neovascularization Secondary to AgeRelated Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Alcon Research C-04-59 | Anecortave Acetate in Patients With Exudative Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Genetech, Inc. FVF3426g | An Extension Study to Evaluate the Safety and Tolerability of Ranibizumab in Subjects With Choroidal Neovascularization Secondary to AMD or Macular Edema Secondary to RVO
- Eyetech Pharmaceuticals EOP1013| A Multi-Center Trial To Evaluate The Safety And Efficacy Of Pegaptanib Sodium(Macugen) Injected Into The Eye Every 6 Weeks For Up To 2 Years For Macular Swelling Associated With Diabetes, With An Open-Label Macugen Year Extension
- Eyetech Pharmaceuticals EOP1012 | Macugen (Pegaptanib Sodium) Alone, Versus Macugen in Combination With PDT (Photodynamic Therapy) With Visudyne (Verteporfin) in Patients With Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Genentech, Inc. FVF3689g | A Study to Evaluate Ranibizumab in Subjects With Choroidal Neovascularization (CNV) Secondary to AgeRelated Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Eyetech Pharmaceuticals EOP1014 | A Clinical Trial to Explore the Safety and Efficacy of Three Different Doses of Pegaptanib Sodium in Patients With Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Allergan 206207-009 | A Study of the Safety and Efficacy of a New Treatment for Macular Edema Resulting From Retinal Vein Occlusion
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals VGFT-OD-0508 | Safety and Efficacy of Repeated Intravitreal Administration of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) Trap in Patients With Wet Age-Related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Eyetech Pharmaceuticals EOP1023 | A Clinical Trial to Explore the Safety and Efficacy of Injections of Macugen When Given Every 6 Weeks in Subjects With AMD.