J. Shepard Bryan, M.D.
In 1995, Dr. Bryan moved to Arizona to join Associated Retina Consultants from Jacksonville, Florida. He is a clinical instructor at Maricopa Medical Center, assisting in the training of physicians from the Mayo Clinic, Wills Eye Hospital, Washington University and University of Arizona. Dr. Bryan is also a clinical assistant professor of ophthalmology at the University of Arizona, College of Medicine-Phoenix.
At Associated Retina Consultants, Dr. Bryan has been a principal investigator in numerous clinical trials investigating new treatments for macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy and retina vascular disease. His dedication to the field of ophthalmology has resulted in a book chapter and publications in the Archives of Ophthalmology, Retina, Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology, and Journal of Clinical Neuro-ophthalmology.
In his spare time Dr. Bryan is usually with his wife Leisa at the gym, ball field or pool side cheering on one of their four children. The Bryan family enjoys adventure travel for surfing, snowboarding and skiing.
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Complex Retinal Detachments
- Macular Hole, Macular Pucker Surgery
- Pediatric Eye Disease
- Research and Clinical Trials
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Arizona Ophthalmological Society
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Phoenix Ophthalmology Society