Jaime Gaitan, M.D.
Prior to joining Associated Retina Consultants in 2014, Dr. Jaime Gaitan worked at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale and was a retina specialist in private practice for over six years.
Dr. Gaitan maintains membership in the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology, the Arizona Ophthalmological Society and the Phoenix Ophthalmological Society.
Dr. Gaitan has participated in many research and scientific studies on a variety of topics. He is the co-author of numerous published research papers. He is currently developing an online educational site for physicians and patients encompassing all aspects of therapy and research in the area of wet age-related macular degeneration.
Dr. Gaitan and his wife Brantley enjoy spending their free time with their three young boys Jonah, Jeremy and Joshua. They enjoy skiing, hiking and travel. He is fluent in Spanish.
- Fluent in Spanish
- Macular Degeneration
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Phoenix Ophthalmological Society
- Intern of the year, semifinalist, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, U. of Miami School of Medicine
- Dean’s List, Florida International University
- Bachelor of Arts with General Honors, University of Miami
- Dean’s List, Provost’s Honor Roll, University of Miami
- Henry King Stanford Scholarship, University of Miami