Matthew Welch, M.D.
Dr. Matthew Welch joined Associated Retina Consultants in 2014 as a vitreorential surgeon after having worked in private practice specializing in intraocular tumor disease and surgery. He is a board certified ophthalmologist and an assistant clinical professor of ophthalmology at the University of Arizona, College of Medicine-Phoenix.
Dr. Welch has participated in multiple clinical studies and has been recognized for his outstanding clinical service by the Loyola University Health Systems with the MAGIS Star award. He holds memberships with several professional organizations including the American Society of Retina Specialists.
Dr. Welch is an Arizona Ophthalmologic Society board member and an advisory committee member for Ophthalmology Innovation Care Partners. He serves on the Early Career Section Committee for the American Society of Retina Specialists and is part of the editorial panel for EC Ophthalmology, an internationally peer-reviewed journal.
Dr. Welch has conversational skills in Spanish and is an avid and competitive cyclist. In his spare time he can be found enjoying the many outdoor activities the Phoenix area provides with his family.
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetic Eye Disease
- Retinal Detachment and Surgery
- Macular Hole and Macular Pucker Surgery
- Pediatric Retinal Disease and Surgery
- Uveitis, Ocular Inflammation
- Choroidal Melanoma Treatment
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- Arizona Ophthalmology Society
- Phoenix Ophthalmological Society
- Pima County Medical Society
- Tucson Ophthalmologic Society
- Arizona Ophthalmic Outpatient Surgery, Phoenix, AZ
- Outpatient Surgical Care, Phoenix, AZ
- Warner Park Surgical Center, Chandler, AZ
- District Medical Group, Physician group, Phoenix, AZ
- St. Joseph Hospital, Dignity Healthcare, Phoenix, AZ
- Honor Health, Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital, Phoenix, AZ
- Maricopa Integrated Health Systems, Phoenix, AZ
- Banner University Medical Center - Phoenix, Phoenix, AZ
- Scottsdale Eye Surgical Center, Scottsdale, AZ
- Rummel Eye Surgery Center, Prescott, AZ
- Desert Ridge Surgery Center, Phoenix, AZ