It is with heavy hearts that we announce the passing of Dr. Rahul Reddy. Not only was he a prominent Retinal Surgeon at our practice, he was also the Director of our Research and Fellowship programs. More importantly, he was our friend and colleague, and he was very loved by his patients and staff alike. We had the privilege of working with Dr. Reddy since 2011. He will be greatly missed by all. To read his obituary, please click here.
Dr. Rahul K. Reddy joined Associated Retina Consultants as a vitreoretinal surgeon in 2011 after completing a two-year fellowship in vitreoretinal disease and surgery at the Vanderbilt Eye Institute in Nashville, TN. In addition, he completed a fellowship in ocular pathology at The Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami, Fl. and a research fellowship at the National Institutes of Health. He completed his residency in ophthalmology at the University Hospitals/Case Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio and obtained a Master’s in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland.
Dr. Reddy is an assistant clinical professor of ophthalmology at the University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix and is a member of several professional organizations, including the American Society of Retinal Specialists, The American Academy of Ophthalmology and the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
Dr. Reddy currently serves as the director of the Vitreoretinal Surgical Fellowship Program and as the director of clinical research at Associated Retina Consultants. Because of his expertise, he has served as lead investigator in multiple clinical studies, including those for uveitis, age macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy. He currently serves as editor and reviewer for multiple peer reviewed clinical journals and has authored and co-authored numerous publications. Dr. Reddy has spoken and presented at several national meetings, including The American Society of Retinal Specialists and The Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology.
Dr. Reddy has received several acknowledgements and awards, including the esteemed J. Donald M. Gass Fellowship Award. He has been peer-selected as one of America’s Top Doctors by the prestigious Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. (2018, 2019, 2020) as well as Phoenix Magazine’s Top Doctors 2018. He is also listed in the renowned medical reference publication, The Leading Physicians of the World. He enjoys sports, strength training, and spending time with his family. Dr. Reddy resides in Scottsdale.
[su_custom_gallery source=”media: 1518,1516,1526,1532,1515,1500,1234,1231″ limit=”8″ width=”80″ height=”80″]
[su_button url=”http://associatedretinaconsultants.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Curriculum-Vitae-Rahul-K-Reddy-MD-2019-01-07.pdf” target=”blank” style=”flat” icon=”icon: mortar-board”]Curriculum Vitae[/su_button]
- Macular Degeneration
- Retinal Detachment
- Macular Holes & Puckers
- Clinical Trials
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Ophthalmological Society
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Phoenix Ophthalmological Society
- Arizona Ophthalmologic Society
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology
- Johns Hopkins Alumni Society
- Arizona Top Doctor, Phoenix Magazine (2018)
- Top Doctor, Castle Connolly Medical (2018)
- Doctors of Excellence, The Leading Physicians of the World (2015-16)
- J. Donald M. Gass Fellowship Award, The Vanderbilt Eye Institute (2010)
- Best “Research Day” project award, University Hospitals/Case Medical Center (2009)
- Highest academic resident intermediate evaluation score award, University Hospitals/Case Medical Center (2008)
- Best “Research Day” project award , University Hospitals/Case Medical Center (2006)
- IRTA Fellowship Award from the National Cancer Institute (1996)
- President of his Medical Class (1999-2002)