Prior to joining Associated Retina Consultants in 2014, Dr. Jaime Gaitan worked at the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale and was a retina specialist in private practice for over six years. Dr. Gaitan did his residency and vitreoretinal fellowship at The Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, the number one ranked training program in the nation for over a decade.
Dr. Gaitan maintains membership in the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the Arizona Ophthalmological Society and the Phoenix Ophthalmological Society.
Dr. Gaitan has participated in many research and scientific studies on a variety of topics. He is the co-author of numerous published research papers. He is currently developing an online educational site for physicians and patients encompassing all aspects of therapy and research in the area of wet age-related macular degeneration.
Dr. Gaitan enjoys spending time with his family, and his three young boys, Jonah, Jeremy and Joshua. They enjoy skiing, hiking and travel. He is fluent in Spanish.
Please call to schedule an appointment at one of the following locations:
3513 S. Mercy Road
Gilbert, AZ 85297
1933 S. Alma School Road
Mesa, AZ 85210
1626 N. Litchfield Rd. Suite 250
Goodyear, AZ 85395
1055 W Iron Springs Road.
Prescott AZ 86305
199 S. Candy Lane Suite 2A
Cottonwood, AZ 86326
- Fluent in Spanish
- Macular Degeneration
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Phoenix Ophthalmological Society
- Intern of the year, semifinalist, Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, U. of Miami School of Medicine
- Dean’s List, Florida International University
- Bachelor of Arts with General Honors, University of Miami
- Dean’s List, Provost’s Honor Roll, University of Miami
- Henry King Stanford Scholarship, University of Miami