Dr. Stephen De Souza joined Associated Retina Consultants in 2007 as a vitreoretinal specialist and surgeon. He holds a medical license in both Arizona and Ontario, Canada and has been a board certified ophthalmologist with a subspecialty in diseases and surgery of the retina, vitreous and macula since 1997. He has trained and practiced vitreoretinal surgery in three countries, Canada, the United Kingdom and the USA.
Dr. De Souza is an assistant professor of ophthalmology in the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Arizona College of Medicine. He has been a clinical instructor in the Department of Ophthalmology, University of Toronto and has served as peer reviewer for the Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology. His research has been published in American and International journals of ophthalmology and retina.
Dr. De Souza is a member of several professional organizations including the American Society of Retina Specialists. He was peer-selected as one of Phoenix Magazine’s Top Doctors and has been listed as one of America’s Top Ophthalmologists by the prestigious Castle Connolly Medical Ltd. since 2015.
Dr. De Souza is fluent in French and is passionate about tennis, photography and travel. He resides in Scottsdale with his wife Sherry and their three children.
Please call to schedule an appointment at one of the following locations:
1933 S. Alma School Road
Mesa, AZ 85210
3513 S. Mercy Road
Gilbert, AZ 85297
14500 Northsight Blvd Suite 121
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
545 N. Peart Road Arizona
Casa Grande, AZ 85122
- Adult and Pediatric Vitreoretinal Diagnosis and Surgery
- Posterior Uveitis
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Retina Specialists
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Phoenix Ophthalmology Society
- Ontario Medical Association
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Arizona Top Doctor, Ophthalmology, Phoenix Magazine – 2015
- America’s Top Ophthalmologists, Castle Connolly Medical – 2015 to present
- Doctor of the Year, Southwestern Eye Center - 2003
- J.D. Morin Award for Most Valuable Resident, University of Toronto, Ophthalmology Residency Program